On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:20:20AM +0100, Paul Mansfield wrote:

> I can't make an official commitment, but IPv6 support would probably
> help me get employer to take a support contract. As a startup, budgets
> are tight, but the prospect of the quality of pfSense along with ipv6
> would be a compelling idea!

Here's a thought: make the default pfsense kernel dual-stack capable
but disable the IPv6 part by default, and don't support it anywhere
in the PHP/XML config framework. Explicitly mark it as unsupported.
Null-route all IPv6 support requests.

That way anyone who needs the functionality can hack it manually using
stock FreeBSD configuration tools, yet there would be no support load
for the developer team.