Sean Cavanaugh wrote:
> tunneling IPv6 would just let you forward traffic in IPv4to an external
> gateway that translates from IPv4 to IPv6. the developers would rather
> not do that in favor of just fully implementing support for pfSense to
> be able to route IPv6 directly without the encapsulation.

Not exactly, Routing happens before encapsulating. And You transport a
IPv6 Packet over Protocol 41 (That adresses IPv4). It's really like
PPPoE. If You know what a default gateway does... Its IPvWhatever.

No Time, No Money, No knowledge, other Focus, even No Fun are good
arguments against some features or needs.

But there are simply wrong phrases about this.

https://www.sixxs.net/faq/connectivity/?faq=comparison

BTW: I hate this "evangelism stuff". For my part I had to handle and I
had to learn IPv6. And to do this, I had no other way than get some
SIXXS-Tunnels. It's free. You can get Subnets. Even reverse delegation
for DNS. I did this on some FreeBSD and Linux Machines in USA and CH.
There are tons of tutorials. And this helped to understand some things
instead of being "the Breaker".

And for my part I will have no problem to run pfSense and m0n0wall
parallel. I have some spare WRAPS ;-)