Beat Siegenthaler wrote:

And for my part I will have no problem to run pfSense and m0n0wall
parallel. I have some spare WRAPS ;-)

I am another one of those people who is running a second box in parallel with my pfSense in order to have IPv6 on my network. I have been testing IPv6 for a number of years now and it is now getting to the point where some of my services are available on IPv6 and I am using that transport automatically when it is available.

While I can appreciate if there is an apathy in the core dev team against features for which they see no need - I dislike the fact that I am running two firewalls when one should suffice.

The kernel running under the hood of pfSense already has IPv6 running on it. I would be more than happy to hack away my own command line scripts to configure the IPv6 components but I have not figured out a way to do this within the configuration framework provided by pfSense.

--
Graham Beneke
Apolix Internet Services