Hi,

> I can't speak to the proxy-arp bit, but don't see how that particular
> configuration (or lack thereof) would so steeply limit PPS.

Oh not to understand as "its limit the packets per second", but you get not
all the time answers from the isps-gateway, because it need proxyarp.

In my configuration i have connected Servers through an DMZ Interface
with official IP's.

Case:
w/o proxyarp: we are connected, but very small amount of traffic goes
through the ISP's gate.

w/ proxyarp: all things go fine....

after a call to the ISP we have cleared, that the equipement from the ISP
needs
proxyarp for all the machines are connected with public ip's and he have no
chance
to change it (so says ISP's suporter regardless if it really true).

the resulted behavior w/o proxyarp  was the described in the original post.

In my Case(!).

ACK rrd-graphs have nothing to do with this behaviour.....

greetings

michael

--
=== m i c h a e l - s c h u h . n e t ===
Michael Schuh

=== Ust-ID: DE251072318 ===