According to Tim Nelson <tnel...@rockbochs.com> on Mon, 01/05/09 at 16:02:

> Yes. In fact I posted about this a while back on the list here.
> Didn't even think to consider it.
>
> ----- "Morgan Reed" <morgan.s.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Your client isn't running vista perchance? If it is try this:
> > <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233>

That is very interesting and may be the problem here, but
since the wireless client is running Linux, it may have no
bearing on this issue.  I assume the suggestion to try a
static IP address on the client will prove a useful test.

However, since I am not a Linux guru, how would one detect
if this broadcast flag is set or not on the wireless client?

And if that is the problem, how, in Linux, does one give the
broadcast flag the other setting?

Regards,

web...

--