Hmm,
hi martin,

i has made such a config, and i have for me realized, that
i have 2 options
a) ftp-Server w/ ftp-proxy on WAN, IIRC this needs special setup in XML-Config
also result is : i can't use the ftp-proxy on lan interface
I be not 100% sure but i believe i remember me that the activation of
ftp-proxy on WAN
is not possible from Browser-User-Interface,

b) open ftp-highrange-ports from wan to ftp-server and you can use
ftp-proxy for users
from lan.....if you like to do so....

i have used option b) because it is no security risk if no other
services listen on such a port
on the ftp-server-system, the port on the ftp-servers system is only opened if
a ftp-user made a transfer....this behavior underlays the
ftp-protocols features of
PASV switching. Other words active ftp-transfer or passive. this is
handled by the ftp-protocol
between server and each individual client.
with option b) you are on the secure side that every User ( if it has
experiences or not)
can make transfers from and to the ftp-server, regardless of transfer-mode.
Works all the time.

Special attention is only needed if another Service listen on the ports
that you must open for ftp-server ( in almost cases not given).

cheers

michael