I know of that, today, We have two Uplinks with Global Crossing (100Mbits) and Interlig Telecom (100Mbits), for this rates, I need use gigabit cards of course, And thinking that the packets have 1500 of MTU, the PPS are low... But, We are instaling Cisco Router, Telephony and other things related to PSTN e E1 Voice Links and more... the packets are more higher using telephony over the data links.

The previsioning of 300kpps is for me slepping well, if you can understand me, today, I don´t need data rates mora than 150Mbits per seconds, what I need is a good hardware interface to make things goes alright...

At 01:15 19/3/2009, you wrote:
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 11:06 PM, Victor Padro <vpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Intel 1Gbps are the best for routing, data transfer, etc.
> Although intel pro 100Mbps are quite alright in a 300 kbps routing
> enviroment.

thousands of PACKETs per second, not bits.  You'd need a bit more than
100Mbit capable nic to route 300kpps ;)