On Mon 01 Jun 2009 14:06:46 NZST +1200, David Burgess wrote:

> soekris.com comes to mind. I use a net5501, but I think some of their less
> expensive boards might have 4 nics.

Thanks. The 5501 seems to be the only model with 4 NICs. And it's a lot
more than the ALIX boards. :(

> Of course there is a variety of pci
> cards available that provide 2 or 4 nics as well.

Do you mean standard size PCI or mini-PCI?

Does anyone have experience with adapters to plug a standard PCI card
into a mini-PCI slot, if this direction exists? I have some 4-port PCI
cards around.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.