Michel Servaes wrote:
There's also a terminology problem here with the definition of the word
trunk I think.
The trunking you are referring to is actually 'bonding' which is combining
several (more than 2) ethernet ports into one big virtual ethernet port, for
the purpose of failover or greater bandwidth (or both).
I just noticed a typo in my own message. 'more than 2' should read 'more than 1' , but I think you got the point :-)
I did use the setup to use 2 cables from the Alix board - just not to
complicate things more...
VLANs on pfSense are actually rather easy as well.
The vlan interfaces are just like virtual interfaces on a real nic.
Once created, they work exactly the same as physical interfaces in the interface assignment screen. Since you now already know how tagged VLANs work, this shouldn't be too much of a problem if you ever need it :-)

Again, many thanks!

No problem!

H.