On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:55 AM, Glenn Kelley <gl...@typo3usa.com> wrote:
> unless something has changed - i never did find a way to do this 100%.
> I had a similar setup for a call center - folks doing collections of all
> things... anyhow - I had them spring for a 2nd cable modem and setup 2
> pfsense systems
>
> Really simple - one subnet went out one network- the other - the other
>
> While I am sure there is a way - this honestly was the best way to ensure
> voice quality all the time.

It's a good approach, especially if you have several or more
simultaneous calls. We see a lot of people deploying this way (on one
system with multi-WAN, policy routing the VoIP accordingly). That's
more common where upload speeds are 1 Mb or less and they have a
number of phones connecting to an offsite PBX. As long as there is
adequate bandwidth for the number of simultaneous calls needed with a
little overhead, the QoS approach works equally well.