I think the OP was referring to running two subnets concurrently on the
same wire, something I often have to do for various reasons, sometimes to
solve co-existence issues while renumbering a network.  I have no idea how
to accomplish this in pfSense; apparently I haven't had to do this since I
started using pfSense!

(An example is when I have a server subnet that's too small - either it
was undersized to begin with or it grew beyond expectations - and I can't
widen the subnet mask because I've already used the subnets above and
below it elsewhere, so I have to at that point run two subnets
concurrently on the same VLAN until I can get rid of all the old
addresses.)

-Adam