Hi,

Le Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:16:24 -0700,
David Burgess <apt....@gmail.com> a écrit :

> In that case you can add an alias to the LAN interface. IIRC, you just
> run ifconfig appending 'alias' to the end. Don't quote me on it
> though.
>
> Get that working, then use shellcmd to make it stick across reboots.
> You will also want to check the box in the UI to supress arp errors in
> the logs.

I saw the
http://doc.pfsense.org/multiple-subnets-one-interface-pfsense.pdf
but I was doubtful about how well it's supported in PfSense :-/

> vlans are still the preferred method if your radios support it. What
> brand are you using?
We have a mix of old and newer hardware, from Cisco, Linksys (WRT54GL),
and trying also Ubiquity. I'm not sure all these wifi routers can
manage VLAN, but I'll look at this.

I was thinking about the other solution, pluging another nic of the
Pfsense (Alix) on the same wire (with a switch) and allocating each nic
a different subnet.

  Many thanks to all people for suggestions and feedback,
        Fred.