It doesn't look like your problem is anything to do with console speeds.
You see the boot loader message from the Firebox BIOS, so you are at the
right speed for that. You see the FreeBSD bootup messages, so you are at
the right speed for that, and you see pfSense application startup
messages (which of course come via the FreeBSD console).

So your problem is a more serious one, the console login shell isn't
running.

I'd recommend booting your pfSense image in a virtual machine to see
what happens there. If the same thing occurs, it will be easier to hunt
for log file entries than from your real hardware I guess.

On 07/05/11 02:47, Markus Winkler wrote:
> The boot log:
>
> --- snip ---
> 1  pfSense
> 2  pfSense
>
> F6 PXE
> Boot:  1

The above output is from the firebox.

> /boot/kernel/kernel text=0x89a214 data=0x3c9c54+0x9b6a0
> syms=[0x4+0x93b80+0x4+0xca87e]
> /
> Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key for command prompt.
> Booting [/boot/kernel/kernel]...
> Copyright (c) 1992-2010 The FreeBSD Project.

That bit came from FreeBSD -- so your console is running correctly.

>      ___
>  ___/ f \
> / p \___/ Sense
> \___/   \
>     \___/
>
> Welcome to pfSense 2.0-RC1  ...

That works fine too :-)

> Executing rc.d items...
>  Starting /usr/local/etc/rc.d/*.sh...done.
> Bootup complete

... and now we should see the login command shell.