>>> Executing rc.d items...
>>>  Starting /usr/local/etc/rc.d/*.sh...done.
>>> Bootup complete
>>
>> ... and now we should see the login command shell.
>
>And what happens if you press return a couple of times at this point?
>
>-jim

I hate to break it to you guys, but this has been an issue for quite a while in
the 2.0 builds (8-9 months now). Not quite sure what started it happening, but
I did experience this behavior way back then, and still do when I try the
builds on it every now and then.

Even if you get the console to work, you are still going to get watchdog
timeouts on the NICs of this unit, which is something that I have been working
with the driver maintainer on for quite some time in order to try and fix.
Ideally, if someone in South Korea can donate a device (or someone that can
send a device to South Korea) with a Realtek 8139C+ chip on it (like a Firebox
X500, X700, X1000, or X2500) that is what it's going to take to fix the Realtek
driver problem.

Dimitri Rodis
Integrita Systems LLC
http://www.integritasystems.com