On 2011-07-26, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

Lamp cords ? Use at least 2.5 mm^2 !

Where does this come from? I've never though cable geometry matters much at all, unless your pumping so much power through a cable over such a long distance that you have to worry about ohmic heating and the like. And even there, I've always thought changing resistance would mostly affect a tube end stage, which we've almost done away with already in favour of the A/B class solid state one. And at audio frequencies, shouldn't even feedback oscillation and its kin be well below perceptual thresholds?

True, my cables are multistrand ones with approximately that cross-sectional area per polarity. But not because of some esoteric, audiophile reason. It's because that's what they sell the cheapest as "speaker cable" in my local shop.
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-50-5756111, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2