This sounds plausible except that it is clearly completely
wrong. Hunger Games has grossed about one quarter billion
dollars in a few weeks worldwide. Don't talk about small
taking over!
Small is there, all right. But large is still there, too.
Taylor Swift's Speak Now sold over a million in the first week.
But it did not sell  in Ambisonic format.

Robert