...as long as loudspeakers remain audible, we are not really faced by a
proper wave fild synthesis system. The reason for the described problem is
not the wave field synthesis principle itself, but its reduction at a
single loudspeaker row.
If we come closely at such array, say 5cm distanced, we can hear the single
loudspeaker nearly 20 dB louder as the "parallel"  wave front in 5 meter
distance.
Really parralel wave fronts from a wfs loudspeaker wall doesn't lose level
by distance. Immidiately at the speakers the level is the same as in 5
meter distance.I was trying estimate the position of Advanced Acoustics wfs
wall with closed eyes during reproduction of a parallel wavefront. I was
hitting the wall by my nose for discover the position in the room.

H.