We did the American Museum of Natural History planetarium. It's
a perforated, painted 70ft aluminum dome with 24 Meyer boxes behind it and
a cluster of CQ2's and subs at the top splayed out pointing in 360 degrees
audience (sort of like a front fill).

The reflections made it really difficult to have any kind of coherence and
this was the best possible scenario, with the speakers outside the dome
pointing in.

What I noticed was the ambisonic material felt very "high" compared to
other spaces. It would have been nice to have speakers below the dome,
especially subs to pull the image downward a bit by having sources below
the audience as well as above.

There wasn't enough time to be particularly scientific about the whole
thing, but those were my impressions. The audience seemed to like it quite
a bit other than that.

Ben