The information on their web pages is not entirely clear (!). The
implication is that it produces four cardioid outputs at 90 degree
separation, but the polar diagram looks like idealised figure eight without
the polarity swap on the rear lobes. The capsules appear to have been
Gimped onto the image as the angles and shadows aren't really totally
convincing. However, I suspect they are locally made (not Chinese) capsules
and simply look that way because of the shared, ah-hmm, "inspiration" of
such designs from the soviet era. Could well sound pretty good, but the 30+
mm size will seriously mess with the high frequency response f any derived
horizontal only B format.

    Dave

On 26 April 2013 02:15, David Pickett <d...@fugato.com> wrote:

> At 15:29 25-04-13, Ronald C.F. Antony wrote:
> >Given the subject of mics:
> >
> >Has anyone experience with this here:
> >
> >http://www.nevatonmics.com/**pdf/Nevaton_Flyer_centerfold_**v2.pdf<http://www.nevatonmics.com/pdf/Nevaton_Flyer_centerfold_v2.pdf>
> >

> Their mics are expensive, though they look nice on the outside and the
> electronics appear to be good; but the capsules pictured look like
> indifferent Chinese models.
>
> David

As of 1st October 2012, I have retired from the University, so this
disclaimer is redundant....

These are my own views and may or may not be shared by my employer

Dave Malham
Ex-Music Research Centre
Department of Music
The University of York
Heslington
York YO10 5DD
UK

'Ambisonics - Component Imaging for Audio'