Hello, this is jun from Seoul, Korea.
Now I'm engaged in designing the space as part of new children's museum in GaungJu where they can experience surround listening. It's the beginning stage and I'm researching possibilities considering using ambisonics. I'm glad to find this list and would like to ask some questions regarding the experience room. The sphere-like space is going to be sound-proofed and the main audience will be the kids. The sound source would be the soundscape of Asia and should be experienced very realistically.
If I choose ambisonics,

- What is the optimal size of the space considering the number of audience and surround image? For instance do you think it's possible to host 30 kids in the space while keeping the surround image?
- How many speakers and placements , are there guidelines?
- What do you recommend for decoding for more than 20 speakers?
- Do  you know any museum that I may visit for similar experience?

It will be greatly appreciated if you give any feedback on my basic questions.

Regards, Jun