Agreed, the Rapture 3D package is very comprehensive and intuitive, not
mention the decoder sounds brilliant! We'll be using it our listening space
soon: http://www.callandresponse.org.uk/past.html

As far as arrangement we use 13 speakers - 8 in all four corners and one in
the centre of each wall and the ceiling. A nice thing about the system is
that you can decode to different arrangements very flexibly.

You're welcome to have a listen and a play if you ever make it to London :)

www.jeremykeenan.info
www.callandresponse.org.uk