On 11/04/2014 07:25 PM, Jeremy Keenan wrote:
Agreed, the Rapture 3D package is very comprehensive and intuitive, not
mention the decoder sounds brilliant! We'll be using it our listening space
soon: http://www.callandresponse.org.uk/past.html

As far as arrangement we use 13 speakers - 8 in all four corners and one in
the centre of each wall and the ceiling. A nice thing about the system is
that you can decode to different arrangements very flexibly.

You're welcome to have a listen and a play if you ever make it to London :)

Since we're at it, I've been lucky enough to be treated to a private session in Richard's London listening room earlier this year (which should suffice as a disclaimer). If I ever had an Ambisonics project with a real budget, and Richard could be persuaded to release his tools for real operating systems (which might not be too unlikely), these would be my first choice. The whole package was very slick indeed, and while it is quite pricey, the amount of creative thinking and solid engineering that went into it is impressive. While some plugins are just very good, quite a few are absolutely unique. Obviously I can't judge his decoder generator, because I only ever heard one system with no means of comparison, but what I heard was certainly very good. What I don't understand is how he manages to hang out at MPEG working group meetings on top of all the coding he does....

End of plug :)

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net