Stefan Schreiber wrote:

Dave Malham wrote:

Yep, interesting indeed - but they don't once mention the height dimension,
always talking about 360 degrees which implies planar only. Is this, I
wonder, just an accidental omission or is the system really limited this
way? Seems unlikely given the 9 axes motion/position sensor they have,
but.....

  Dave

?

What is 3D sound

What we call 3D sound is the real life’s sound. With Neoh headphones, we have ability to reproduce a sound that will appear to come from anywhere we want it to come from. We create a full artificial environment (360°) with sound sources you will perceive as coming from any distance or direction.

Some new 3D audio formats are coming up, with even more virtual sound sources and a large number of speakers to reproduce them. Get ready ! Neoh breaks the barrier of having a limited amount of sound source.: You will be completely immersed in the sound.

Source:
http://3dsoundlabs.com/en/how-does-it-work/#psychoacoustique

Ok, they could be a bit clearer. They could refer to anything specific "above" 5.1/7.1, what they avoided. They could maybe have mentioned Ambisonics, but most people never heard about.

Therefore "3D audio formats" and "immersive".

They could connect the headphones to a (binaural...) Mpeg-H 3DA decoder, but same story here: The potential customers probably never have heard of "Mpeg 3DA". The music industry or what remains doesn't know a lot if anything, etc.

In fact: 3D Sound Labs should license (or obtain) a few real 3D audio recordings, for demonstrational purposes. (We are getting into marketing related questions.)

Best,

Stefan

P.S.: Which gives some urgency to the question how to improve Ambisonics decoders, and especially binaural Ambisonics decoders. You know that I have said this again and again. Don't want to complain too much "in public", even if... ;-)

P.S. 2: "You have been living in a flat dream-world, Neoh..."       :-D

It is up to you or anybody to publish a wonderful (head-tracking) B format ---> binaural decoder... In fact, there should be a couple of people on this list who already have done this... :-)

Best,

Stefan