At 14:35 15-10-15, Augustine Leudar wrote:

>For creating true walk around 3d soundscapes with no sweet spot for
>me a useful tool would be a driver which would be a sphere which put out
>sounds in all directions (360) - because thats how sound often propogates
>in real space (eg a twig cracking up a tree will not just put out sound in
>the 180/90 degree space on one side)

But surely, saying that ignores the fact that in a real room what comes out of the back (and sides) will be reflected from the room boundaries. I think this is why the B&W 801 was in its day almost revolutionary. Because hardly any sound came out of the back (or sides) of the speaker cabinet, one could put it in almost any room and it would sound the same.

David