Hi Joseph
When you say "colouring" are you introducing directional bands ? It would
be.interesting to see any listening tests to see if listeners did indeed
localise source sounds at different places in the median plane with and
without these directional bands. Anything been published on this ? I
imagine everyones directional bands are slightly different of.course due to
shqpe of.pinna etc I always wondered if floor reflections played a role in
vertical localisation but couldnt find anything.

www.augustineleudar.com