Bo-Erik Sandholm wrote:

Sadly this info is not published as far as I know,

I have it from Ingvar Öhman http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ingvar+%C3%B6hman&l=1 who
had a research company for researching how the human hearing work together
with the 2 loudspeaker  stereo system.

He did a demo recording showing how you could do stereo with height mixing
For The Swedish Radio (Sveriges Radio) a long time ago with very low
interest from them.

Stereo with height - (reflecting)

This is a truly audiophile approach...    ;-)

But I don't want to be too ironic: interesting anyway. And such techniques could be applied to 5.1 etc., as well. (What the Mpeg seems to offer as "tool" in the case of Mpeg-H 3DA, BTW. )

Stefan

P.S.:

I have talked to him about this, He has never been much of a publisher
other than in discussion forums in swedish.
A pity?!

And of course is using it in his business as consultanta and designer,

So I have only the principal description that individual HRTF's over 4kHz
makes things worse for 90% of the population and that is frequency bands
that for the majority of people gives an impression of height when raised
in amplitude.

Must read:

"... that < generic > HRTF's over 4kHz makes things worse for 90% of the population" ?

We must keep precise, in this context.