> On 02 Feb 2016, at 18:00, sursound-requ...@music.vt.edu wrote:
>
> From: David Pickett<mailto:d...@fugato.com>
>>

> But...  I seem to be the only person I know who complains about ALL
> the dialogue coming from the centre speaker on 5.1 movies!  Having
> sterero dialogue seems to me to be a basic necessity for realism (AKA
> consistent and natural cues)!
>
> David

Or better, use LCR / trifield. If you sit in the middle of the (home) cinema
then of course you can
use stereo effectively, but think of the poor person sitting on the end of the
row, all the dialogue
then sounds like it comes from the closest speaker. Same problem in amplified
theatre / opera, etc..
Centre-speaker dialogue is a cheap way to ignore the problem, so that’s what
happens most!

best, Justin

Justin Bennett

jus...@justinbennett.nl