On 26 May 2016, at 01:04, Eric Benjamin
<eb...@pacbell.net<mailto:eb...@pacbell.net>> wrote:

I have used that symmetry in the past. I assume that everyone does.

Hi Eric,

good to know that it’s used by everybody and I wasn’t totally off in my
“revelations” :-). It wasn’t mentioned before in the discussion about
generating HOA to binaural filters (even though nothing about symmetry was
mentioned either).

So is this how it is usually done? Convolving all (N+1)^2 HOA channels of order
N with the set of binaural filters and summing for the left ear, and then doing
the same for the right but with inverted polarity for the (N^2+N)/2 HOA
channels of m<0 ?

Best regards,
Archontis