Since Gus seems determined not to use the most logical solution (certainly
the one that is by far the most frequently used, anyway...) here is my
private reply to him, if anyone is interested:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Charlie Richmond <charlie....@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Sursound] Multichannel players for permanent installations
To: Augustine Leudar <augustineleu...@gmail.com>

Hi Gus!  The short answer is that you can use literally any combination of
ASIO driver based audio interfaces you want combined to provide as many
channels as you want.  SM-S aggregates them as long as they can be set to
the same buffer size, which most can be.  I hope it's not my site that's
the problem because I do list a number of interfaces which we distribute
but they tend to be unusual ones and rather expensive so it's important to
know that you can use any ones you want with a garden variety Windows
computer to put it all together!

The price list is here: http://www.richmondsounddesign.com/prices.html

And clicking on the links at the top should get you anywhere you want but
if it isn't working please let me know and I can provide any more
information you need.  Also, I am always able to provide you with temporary
evaluation licenses by email for any size and configuration system that you
are interested in!

All the best as always,
Charlie