Aside from dante, AVB is another option for multichannel audio over ethernet.
It is now available as standard (and for free) in any Mac running a recent os,
and several options for avb enabled amplifiers are available: biamp, crown,
l-acoustics to list a few.
If converters are required, the Motu AVB series can help, and is relatively
inexpensive.

Guillaume