Ive found for walk around installations with unusual speaker arrays -
amplitude panning has been th emost useful - howeve rif ther eis hole sin
the panning ambisonics shines (ie where theres a big gap). As your speaker
array is quite unusual.... I guess you could use ambisonics for both rings
and amplitude pan between them. But as someone said - this isnt an
ambisonics vs vbap/dbap thread - they both have different strengths and
weaknesses.

On 27 March 2018 at 21:26, Søren Bendixen <soerenbendi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You are clearđź‘Ť
> Very interesting about the sweet spot.
> I might get back to the “done correctly” thing - cause I’ve never worked
> with ambisonics in a released project.
> Thanks
> BR
> Søren Bendixen
> > Den 27. mar. 2018 kl. 21.40 skrev Fons Adriaensen <f...@linuxaudio.org>:
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 09:05:27PM +0200, Søren Bendixen wrote:
> >
> >> Okay (dont start a gearslutzlike fight)
> >
> > To be clear: the somewhat caustic language used do not refer
> > to the original poster, but to his sources.
> >
> >> so the phase issue is not to be considered a problem -
> >> if done correctly - but what about the sweet spot issue?
> >
> > If done correctly, there is no sweep spot issue.
> >
> > Ciao,
> >
> > --
> > FA

> Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
>
> Søren Bendixen
> Composer/Sound Designer/Producer
>
> Winner of Monitor Industry Award 2016 for the exhibition “Gladiator”, At
> Moesgaard Museum
>
> New album Music for exhibitions out 15 January 2017
>

> Company: Søren Bendixen & Anette Krag
> soerenbendi...@gmail.com
> +45 60624394
> www.soerenbendixen.com