I have tried encoding using VVEncode and using X-Volver (in Reaper). The effect is there in either case, though it is less obvious when using X-Volver. However, I do not hear it at all if I listen to the files through the stand-alone version of VVMic. This makes me think I am doing something wrong in Reaper.

Reaper's flexibility for Ambisonic work is wonderful, but it has so many features, I have not begun to scratch the surface of even understanding what it can do, and I guess I am doing something wrong. Copying the configuration from one concert to another probably increases the risk :-(

Gerard Lardner