-- At 11:31 16-09-18, Ralf R Radermacher wrote:

> Seriously, how many
> people care about numerical specs, apart from a handful of freaks on
> this list?

Not so many.  But I wonder to what extent the requirement for
calibration for good results is in any case being lessened by
improvements in consistency of mass-produced capsules.  Røde seem to
imply something about that under the heading of improvements in
manufacturing.

--On 16 September 2018 12:09 +0200 David Pickett <d...@fugato.com> wrote:

> More to the point, how many people (including those here) can
> actually play back Ambisonics at home -- minimally as 4.0?

I have a permanent 4.0 setup.  Of course, I know various people with
irregularly arranged 5.1 setups - but they have no interest in audio.

Paul

--
Paul Hodges