Le 2019-01-12 à 12:26 p.m., aswath Prabhu a écrit :

Re: Publishing music in ambisonics

This is further to my post asking about online portal to stream and post
ambisonic content.

Well, i searched a little and found this... Looks like development has stopped
but i guess it can be further developed from the code available.

I havent used it but from what i see, you can play files from a particular URL.
So that helps. if its successful, then all we need is a hosting site to host
ambisonic content created by individuals and who knows, it might evolve into a
radio channel...

https://web.archive.org/web/20070705153625/http://www.ambisonia.com/wiki/index.php/Playback_Software

Thanks....

Aswath Prabhu

Aswath, I partly rescued ambisonia.com and I acquired the domain. So what's now on display at ambisonia.com is a static version of the old site, without the wiki and other collaborative tools. I also created an experimental player on ambisonic.xyz, using the same content than ambisonia.com, reduced to 3 channels (for horizontal only FOA) and compressed with the Opus codec. Both sites are on the same servers. My plan (at the time) was to revive ambisonia.com as a collaborative publishing platform, with a "revolutionary" web player. I did it before Google and Facebook created their ambisonics publishing platforms (and tools). I think that my project is still valid today, so maybe I'll continue (with a better plan)...

What seems to be still missing (but I could be wrong), is a "standard" standalone ambisonics audio player. If such a player could play and decode ambisonics audio streams (hosted on a audio streaming web site), then it'd be an excellent start. Something similar to what audio streaming is for stereo, and that we take for granted. What went wrong with surround sound in general is still a mystery to me... But there's hope.

Marc