From: Sursound <sursound-boun...@music.vt.edu> On Behalf Of Augustine Leudar
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2019 4:43 AM
To: Surround Sound discussion group <sursound@music.vt.edu>
Subject: Re: [Sursound] wifi audio (was Re: Deconstructing soundbar marketing
B.S.)

Leaving aside the power issue for now and with regard to multichannel audio for
shows as opposed to home use. I had some walkie talkies that had a range of one
KM with admitedly terrible audio (surely this could be
improved) . Whereas Senheiser in ear monitors have a  really short distance
range of around 40 metres and use much higher electromagnetic frequencies
((863 mhz) . Why is it something cant be done with the same sort of range as
the walkie talkies but for.multichammel audio (according to wikipedia
30 - 400 mhz)   ?