At 11:14 01-06-19, Chris Woolf wrote:

While line-of-sight is a limitation I have been impressed by how well conference translation systems using IR headphones have worked in practice, and can imagine that a little planning and elevation could overcome this issue.

Yes, but dont forget, this is speech. THough probably better than 400-4kHz bandwidth it is usually compressed.

Music on the other hand.

I used to have some expensive IR headphones made by Sennheiser and they were terrible. That was, however, at least 25 years ago. Does anyone know of high quality IR linked headphones without compression? I would find them very useful when I am editing audio, as I always tripping over my headphone cable.

David