On 31/05/2019 20:57, Bo-Erik Sandholm wrote:
https://fmarques.org/ronja-diy-optical-data/
If you want to diy instead of buying, seems like a complete design.

Optical distribution of data/digital sound.

Thanks for the link, and the research.

While line-of-sight is a limitation I have been impressed by how well conference translation systems using IR headphones have worked in practice, and can imagine that a little planning and elevation could overcome this issue. I'm deeply ~unimpressed~ by how poor 5GHz Wi-Fi signals are at penetrating solid walls and diffracting or reflecting round objects.

Chris Woolf

---