Weve tried local wifi networks at shows before but it was a bit unreliable
for droppouts etc then again so is Bluetooth. FOr home us it would be fine.
Four plug sockets  might be a bit more doable than audio cables as well.
Wasn't there someone on here who was doing something DIY with the rasberry
pie ? Anyway it would nice to bring something commercially viable to market.