Well DBAP is just amplitude panning on irregular speaker arrays the ones
ive used it didnt reall matte rwhat direction the speaker was pointing.
 Im not sure if Spat specifies speaker directions but if I remember when
Thibaut Carpentier came to Sarc he did show us some flashy spatial reverbs
 that did take account of which direction the sound source was pointing.
You could banghim an email and see what he says ,