On 2022-09-17, Ralph Jones wrote:

I’m a composer, not a mathematician, so while I try, I don’t get very far at understanding discussions like this.

It's not such a long road from being a composer to being a math geek, you know. Especially to becoming a tehcno fiend, of the surround sound kind... ;)

My music, in my twenties or so, sounds like this: http://decoy.iki.fi/decoy/download/drone_1.mp3 . It's wholly by the numbers, so that quite literally it might have a DC offset. Certainly most of it's about high order nonlinearity, because I applied straight up aliasing on purpose.

Also, http://decoy.iki.fi/decoy/download/smokin.mp3 .
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3751464, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2