Distance, or in general virtual acoustics, is a good idea. Alternating
between early/late reflections, air damping, level, and even Doppler for
speed of movement could help with this sonification.

I'm no expert in aviation, but would this help the brain of the pilots or
mislead them as to what is happening?

*Pan Athen*
SoundFellas <https://soundfellas.com/>, *MediaFlake Ltd
<http://mediaflake.com/>*
Digital Media Services, Content, and Tools