I've been test driving LSPPP V. 7.64 for a month or so. The good news for
me is I got it to establish a connection after tweaking its timeouts,
compared to previous versions. The bad news is that internet applications
seem to perform badly compared to epppd, which I used for years with no
clear trouble.

Specifically, I use Pine 3.91 for Dos to access my IMAP mail server.
With LSPPP, reliably, when I try to mail out a message with Pine,
the message gets mailed, then pine says, ``Writing Fcc'' -- and
freezes the computer virtually every time, requiring a reboot. In
fact, the Fcc copy gets written. With pine and the same message, using
epppd, pine has no trouble writting the Fcc after mailing out the
message.

With all the praise of LSPPP, I wonder if it is me or memorex? I have
not problem loading EPPPD high, even though it is bigger than LSPPP.
I am told it has a ``memory leak'' meaning, if one surfs the web with
say, dos lynx, data will build up in RAM over time and not get purged.

Is there another ``old'' packet driver that does not have EPPD's problem
I can use? Am I odd person out for continually noticing problems with
LSPPP, where others see an improvement? Since a packet driver is
critical to using the internet with dos, this is important to me.