On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, Heimo Claasen wrote:

> Boyd - what's "[to] _Ghost_ it [the HD C:] to the CF drive as D:" ?
> Never heard of something the like - howto ?

Norton Ghost (see http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/), or CtoD, among
others, are disk imager programs that will make an exact image of your
hard disk to another drive - notably, but not limited to CDR and CDRW
drives.  I've only read about them.  I normally install some level of
DOS and use XCOPY/R/I/C/H/K/E/Y - or as many of the modifiers as that
level of XCOPY will take.

Basically, like a "DISKCOPY" for large capacity drives.

Some people with a distributed (Physically separated, in case of disaster)
network schedule this sort of software to make a "complete" backup to
another drive.  This drive (or complete system) is then an instant
replacement for the backed up system.  From CD, boot from floppy,
(or directly from CD if the BIOS will accept it) and Ghost back to the
repaired/replaced system.

Boyd Ramsay

[EMAIL PROTECTED]