Hi!

> > > - screen blank and black
> > > - no keyboard -- caps lock doesn't do anything and typing things like
> > >   "ls", "find /" doesn't do anything;
> > > - no network -- cannot ssh in
> > > Seem to be able to get out only with the three-seconds-power-button push.
> >
> > same for me. HD light on solid, and totally unresponsive. With an HP
> > zv5000 amd64 laptop.
>
> This looks like what I've seen on my (AMD64) box.  Can anyone confirm that
> s2ram actually works on any AMD64 boxes with a 64-bit kernel?

It worked loooooooooooong time ago, with echo 3  >
/proc/acpi/sleep. Not sure if anyone ever ran it with s2ram...

Interesting datapoint would be "does it work ok with 32-bit kernel"?
Some live-CD might help answer that question.
                                                                        Pavel
(cesky, pictures)
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html