Hi,

On Tuesday, 27 February 2007 23:29, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

> > > I'd actually prefer to do it in s2ram... so that it works inside
> > > init=/bin/bash. But feel free to steal^Wborrow hal's whitelist ;-).
> >
> > Well, I'm starting to wonder if we really really need the whitelist to be
> > compiled into s2ram.  In fact we only need to tell new users what s2ram
> > options
> > they should use for their machines.
> >
> > For example, if the docs say "please have a look into whitelist.txt to see
> > what s2ram options are known to work with your machine" etc., we'll be able
> > to maintain the whitelist as a separate document, IMHO, and the HAL or
> > pm-tools
> > people can use some more sophisticated whitelisting independently.
>
> Been there, done that, no I do not think it worked. See
> Doc*/power/video.txt.

Well, IMHO, the current system doesn't seem to work very well either, because
there are machines that we _can't_ whitelist, _although_ they work.  Worse yet,
we have some machines whitelisted, while there are some in the wild that are
identified in the same way and don't work or require some other combination
of options.  This is getting a bit messy ...

Rafael