Johannes Berg schreef:
> On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 21:08 +0200, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
>
>> And to ask your earlier question, s2both uses something slightly
>> different
>> than s2ram. s2ram tries first some ioctl on /dev/pmu, if that fails it
>> tries
>> echo mem > /sys/power/state.
>>
>> Johannes told me these two should be more or less the same, I'm not
>> sure if this already the case on a 2.6.18 kernel. Any idea?
>
> Definitely not, the latter (echo mem ...) is only available in kernels
> with a few patches I have pending for .22 :)

> Previously, echo mem ... doesn't work at all on powerpc.

Hmm, ok I misunderstood then. I thought that in our previous tests
you said it used echo mem ... maybe you were using your patches;)

That would maybe explain why s2both doesn't work yet for cedric.
s2both works through an ioctl on /dev/snapshot, which is equivalent
(Rafael tells me) to echo mem ...
s2ram (with my patch) uses /dev/pmu first, then tries echo mem ...

grts Tim