Hi,

my test with s2ram with M2NPV-VM shows the following:
(1) s2ram -f works under X with NVIDIA driver 1.0-9755 both TV and RGB output.

(2) s2ram -f does not work under console (runlevel 1) both TV and RGB output.
    (This does match Robert Lange experience, so I could have done something
wrong in here.)

(3) s2ram -f does not work with opensource graphic drivers or with NVIDIA
drivers 1.0-9629.

My uname -a says:
Linux mythtvbox 2.6.16.21-0.25-smp #1 SMP Tue Sep 19 07:26:15 UTC 2006 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux.

My s2ram -i says:
> This machine can be identified by:
>     sys_vendor   = "System manufacturer"
>     sys_product  = "System Product Name"
>     sys_version  = "System Version"
>     bios_version = "ASUS M2NPV-VM ACPI BIOS Revision 0801"
> See http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram for details.
>
> If you report a problem, please include the complete output above.

Hope this helps.

Michele