On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 01:55:28PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > Hmm, yes, I guess I want to now. So you have thinkpad that is broken
> > > with -a1 -m, in 64-bit mode only? And no other differences? (Like,
> > > same kernel framebuffer driver, both time from console?)
> >
> > I have a thinkpad on my desk (T61 with intel graphics) that is broken with
> > "-a 3" in 64bit mode only (works in 32bit mode). It does, however, work
> > with "-a 1 -m" in both modes. Everything else is pretty much the same.
> > Oh - and "-p -m" does not work in both modes.
>
> Could you try removing "call verify_cpu" from x86-64 wakeup.S? That's
> only significant difference I can see...
>
> ...hmm, and we may need a bigger stack space on x86-64...

I just verified it, and found out, that only on an old kernel (2.6.16.46)
"-a 1 -m" was necessary on 64bit, newer kernels (2.6.22 and 2.6.23-rc1)
worked fine with "-a 3".

So recent kernels might have this already fixed.
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)