Keith;
Thank you for your information. The message I received had the following in
the Subject box: "Re:[biofuel] ethanol" and I opened this e-mail only
because of the subject box message. I had generated several questions to the
"group" a few days ago and I have only opened e-mails which subject box have
the message "Re:[biofuel] ethanol" as to read any responses.
THEREFORE, whom ever is sending the message(s) with a virus attached (as an
attachment) somehow has the list (and my email account address) and the
subject box is being sent as part of the e-mail to unsuspecting e-mail
accounts.
I don't comprehend how this works, I do understand everyones frustration
though. Thanks again for your assistance.
Gerry

>From: Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: ATTENTION!!!! - was Re: [biofuel] ethanol; virus found on this
>email attachment
>Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:59:10 +0900
>
>"Gringo VaLaCasa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >McAfee found CARD.DOC.pif attachment which is an unrepairable virus file.
> >McAfee said "PWS-gen.Hooker Virus Found"
> >

> > >From: "Linda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >Subject: Re: Re: [biofuel] ethanol
>
>For the third or fourth time, THIS LIST CANNOT TRANSMIT VIRUSES!!!
>
>These are FALSE messages with COUNTERFEIT addresses - no such message
>was sent via the Biofuels list, there is no such member of the
>Biofuels list as "Linda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. The virus raids
>people's address books and sends out this false garbage. This list
>does not accept attachments and transmits ONLY text-only messages, no
>coding, no html, no nothing accept ASCII, and certainly no viruses.
>
>Thankyou for your attention.
>
>Keith Addison
>Journey to Forever
>Handmade Projects