--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Aleks!
>
> How goes? Sorry not to keep in touch, been immersed (still
immersed).
Oh, if it doesn't go by itself, we push it a little.

> Well now, we journalists go to prison rather than reveal our
> sources... :-) I'll tell you when you're 21.
Heh, :o)!

> Yeah, little animal skeletons, hollow inside. Made of calcium,
aren't
> they? You know it also comes in a solid form? Like sandstone. I
think
> the "earth" form is obtained by grinding up the solid form. Maybe
the
> solid form would be more useful to you?
Higher shear with the grinded stuff. Better surface/volume ratio.

> >I've read that someone uses clay as a carrier.
>
> Also hollow inside, huge internal surface areas. Wonder what kind
of
> clay? They all have different properties. Isn't Fuller's Earth a
> super-absorbent one (or should that be adsorbent?)?
ADSORBTION is chemical binding, ABSORBTION is pore entrapment. Or is
it the opposite? Don't remember anymore. The clay used has e type
number.

> I'm groping in the dark with all this, I have just that little
amount
> of knowledge that's said to be a dangerous thing. Paraquat
> weedkiller, for instance, very nasty stuff, is instantly
inactivated
> once it hits the soil because it becomes very strongly bound to the
> clay particles - it's said it'll stay there for a thousand years
(and
> then what??). If you happen to drink some paraquat, your only hope
is
> to eat some soil, but fast! People have apparently been saved this
> way. Rapid binding. So what kind of binding would that be?
Can be covalent binding, pore entrapment, there are several ways.

> I think that young feller Terry de Winne might know something about
> enzyme catalysis, don't you Terry, if you're there?
Yepp, 'ts about time we hear something from him!
Cheers, Aleks